Shipping and Tax Quotes Are Finally Here!!!
Please note that this is a new feature as of Jan. 2019. It may not be available to all plans after launch. If you do not see the Get Shipping & Tax button in your account, reach out to us! Note: This is currently an addon feature, and not available to all plans.
This feature has been in the works for a loooonnnng time, and is truly some of the most powerful Ninja Warrior magic that we cooked up. Corny... I know, but it's true! The BigCommerce API does NOT as of this writing offer access to shipping methods via their API.
We got tired of waiting, and wrote our own custom API that allows us to provide you with these real time shipping and tax quotes exactly as your customer would see them
To use it, you simply click the Get Shipping and Tax Button on the quote.
Note that you must have a zip code listed in the customer information for this to work. Some stores may also require the state and country.
Once the shipping options load, select the shipping you want to display. If your store is setup to charge taxes based on that ship to location, then we will auto-add those taxes to the quote, as calculated by your shopping cart.
You can choose to hide the taxes if you'd like, but do note that we have NO control of how your taxes calculate, and rely entirely on your BigCommerce store for these calculations. (Click the eye icon next to taxes above quote total to hide taxes on a rendered quote)
Common Issues / Questions
Shipping is not calculating
- This is usually due to an item on your quote not being purchasable, or is out of stock.
- It could also be that the items on your quote don't have the proper attributes for your store to properly calculate the shipping.
An error message is being returned
- When possible, we'll show you the exact error message your customer would see if they attempted to checkout. If it won't calculate in our dashboard, there's a 99% chance that it won't calculate for your customer at checkout.
- Note that if we're not able to calculate shipping, there is a >90% chance that the checkout link also won't work, so consider sending the quote without the checkout link option.
Where do I enter my UPS/FedEx/Other Carrier info.
- You don't...
- Carrier integrations are a core feature of your BigCommerce store. You may even have additional complex integrations like ShipperHQ running as well.
- We utilize all the hard work you put in getting that system tuned, and put it to use in Quote Ninja.
- If you don't like the rates being displayed, it's best to dig into those shipping configurations you have setup in BigCommerce and/or ShipperHQ.
Will my ShipperHQ integration work?
- Yes we'll pull in your ShipperHQ calculated rates ;-)
- This assumes the items on that quote are purchasable in your store.