Once logged into your dashboard click on the New Quote button in the upper right hand corner.
This will take you to this screen:
Here you'll be able to populate the customers info, and set all of the quote options. We'll outline them box by box or point you to the detailed instructions.
Customer Input Box
These fields are all pretty self explanatory. Note that the "Incoming Notes" text box is not editable. It is reserved for notes that customers submit via a quote request from your website if you have our Quote Buttons installed.
Quote Info Box
- New - It is a new request submitted via your website
- Draft - Status a quote defaults to until it has been sent
- Sent - I think you got this one ;-)
- Delivered - The email has made it to the receivers system
- Opened - The customer has opened the quote
- Ordered - Currently this can be changed by you the user. We in the process of tracking this based on if the quote specific code gets used in the purchase. ETA: Q2 of 2017.
- Cancelled - Set by user if you want to cancel the quote. It is currently just a status. In the future it will cancel the coupon code created.
You can add any number of custom tags in your general settings. Once created, you can click on them to apply them to the quote. green means that tag is applied. These are helpful in quickly identifying high priority quotes when looking at your inbox.
Notes put in this box will display on your quote template. You should always assume that your customer will be able to see these.
The assigned rep will default to whoever creates the quote. You can however change the assigned rep. We utilize dynamic variables to populate our quotes, so if you're using our default quote template, note that the assigned reps profile info is what will show on the quote.
Quote Validity Period:
This sets an expiration date for the quote. More on Quote Expirations here.
These are notes that only you and your staff can see.
Here you can upload files to store with your quote. In a future release you will be able to select files to send with the quote.
- If all products on a quote have Free Shipping set at the product level, we'll automatically show Free Shipping on the quote.
- Otherwise we'll show a link "Select Shipping At Checkout" on the shipping line item. This will direct the customer to the cart where we'll add all the items and discount (if one is provided) to their cart where they can Estimate Shipping using your BC shipping settings.
We know every store handles shipping differently. We do have some experimental shipping settings, and some custom workarounds available. Please contact us with your specific use case, and we can discuss all the options in detail.