At present, we will auto update products in Quote Ninja if you make a general product change in your BigCommerce dashboard. (ie: inventory, pricing, title, image)
We are able to do this in near real time, as BigCommerce tells us via the API when a change is made to a product.
Product Option changes however do NOT send us this same notification when they are changed.
If a product in Quote Ninja is loading an old version of the options and or pricing, you will need to force a refresh on that product in Quote Ninja
Important Note: Changes to product options, and option values in BigCommerce is extremely likely to break previously sent quotes from loading into a customers cart, and or being able to process into an order via our Create Order button.
- You have essentially created a new version of that product; from a computers perspective at least.
- When we try to reload the product, and previously selected options, the values will typically no longer line up, and BC will reject our input. You have from
If you have made store wide or multiple product option changes, we recommend clearing the entire product cache in Quote Ninja.
- Go to your General Settings page in Quote Ninja, and there will be a "Clear Product Cache" button.
- Once you click the button you will be prompted with a popup explaining much of what this article goes over, and given the option to Cancel or Submit.
- We don't store all of your products, or all of your products data. Instead, we cache the most important info so that it is quick to load into QN.
- This is recommended by BC so as to minimize the number of API calls we make to your store.
- It also gives the sales rep the fastest user experience possible.