The recommended method:
☞Note: This method requires the user login via quoteninja.com versus through the BigCommerce apps page. We find this to ultimately provide a better user experience, and require much less time jumping through hoops to get into the app.
Go to Menu>Manage Users in your Quote Ninja dashboard:
Click on Invite User button
Each user is required to have:
- phone #
- Can view and edit all quotes
- Can view and edit all quotes as well as edit all settings (This includes inviting new users)
- Has all admin permissions, controls billing, and can close the account.
- The owner is initially established by the BC registered store owner that installs the app.
☞Note: We have an advanced user module with granular user controls. Please reach out if you have a specific use case or need more advanced user controls. ie: Only allow specific users to view their own quotes, or limit who can assign / change quote ownership. You can also set specific discount levels, etc. This module is generally reserved for Enterprise level accounts.
When a user is invited:
- They will be sent an email with a link to setup their password.
- If they do not receive this email, or the link expires, they can request a password at this link: https://app.quoteninja.com/auth/forgot-password
- Users can also always request a one time "magic" login link if they've forgotten their password, or are having trouble logging in.
Adding users through BigCommerce:
This method will add the user to Quote Ninja as a role of User. If you do not have enough available users, the user may be shown an upgrade notice when they attempt to login the first time.
To add users to the app so they have access via the BigCommerce App marketplace, you will need to be logged into BigCommerce with a user that can manage user permissions.
Navigate to Account Settings>Users
Select Edit on the User, and scroll down to the Single-Click Apps section and select Quote Ninja. Be sure to save your changes.
Your users can now navigate to Apps>My Apps and access Quote Ninja via their BigCommerce login.
If you want to update the user to have higher permission levels with Quote Ninja, you will need to do this in the Manage Users section of Quote Ninja.
☞Note: Any Quote Ninja user can always setup a Quote Ninja Specific password by requesting a password reset on our login page. They can also login directly to the app w/out a password by requesting a one-time "magic link."